Aylesford

 


1991

 

4 CIG No. 1807 was seen on the Strood to Maidstone West service, as it entered the ''down'' platform. 4 CEP

units were also a common sight by this time. Wayne Walsh

 


1991

 

New motive power and a restored station building: ARC (Amey Roadstone Corporation) Class 59 No. 59101 eases through the platforms with a rake of identically-branded hopper wagons. This is the same Allington to Hither Green working seen in the first photograph on the previous page. Shortly after restoration, the station acquired Network SouthEast red colours, and a ''bus shelter'' had appeared on both platforms. Wayne Walsh

 


31st July 2005

 

An eastward view from 2005 shows that little had changed since the night scene of 1988. A glazed waiting shelter had appeared on the ''up'' platform, but semaphore signals still reigned supreme. At this time, the main building was host to an Indian restaurant. David Glasspool

 


 

<< Previous  Next >>

 


Return to the Kent Rail Homepage or alternatively, check for Updates.

Website & Copyright information - Links - Contact the Webmaster


 

All content is copyright David Glasspool