Lee

 


3rd July 2006

 

Lee: 3rd July 2006

An eastward view from 3rd July 2006 reveals that the canopies are the only structures of SER origin still standing. Note here that unlike at Bexley, the subway entrances do not have attractive sheltered surrounds. The station building of 1988 can just be seen emerging from behind the canopy on the right (''up'' side): its entrance is perpendicular to the platforms, just like its predecessor. David Glasspool


3rd July 2006

 

Lee: 3rd July 2006

A westward view again depicts the canopies, but in the background, just right of centre, can be seen the floodlight masts of Hither Green Depot. The ''up'' side canopy remains at its 1872 length, but 1988 rebuilding saw it lose its arched roof. However, its valance has been completely restored. David Glasspool


3rd July 2006

 

Lee: 3rd July 2006

Class 66 No. 66532 broke the silence when it trundled through with the 10:39 Thamesport to Leeds container service. The 1955 and 1992 platform extensions are evident in this eastward view. David Glasspool


 

<< Previous

 


 

Return to Index

 


Return to the Kent Rail Homepage or alternatively, check for Updates.

Website & Copyright information - Links - Contact the Webmaster


 

All content is copyright David Glasspool unless otherwise stated