These dreadful CLASP structures appeared on the South Eastern Division from 1968 onwards,
replacing much more pleasing and far more historical architecture. This is the main ''building''
on the ''down'' side at Longfield, observed on 9th March 2006. Some of these fabrications have
been replaced over the years with structures more worthy of a station, a good example being
that at Crayford. David Glasspool
A westward view from 22nd September 2005 shows the 1959 concrete platform extensions and
the former site of the goods sidings, on the right, which was turned into a car park at around the
time the station was rebuilt. The long rolling stock siding terminated at the eastern end of the
platform seen on the left. David Glasspool
Return to Index
Return to the Kent Rail Homepage or alternatively, check for Updates.
Website & Copyright information - Links - Contact the Webmaster
All content is copyright © David Glasspool