20th November 2004
An eastward view 20th November 2004 reveals the original waiting shelter and the 1937 lattice footbridge. The
shelter here is unusually lengthy and its side walls formerly extended around to the front, each end at least reaching
the first canopy strut. The brick foundations are prominent in blue, although several paint applications over the
years gives them a concrete appearance. David Glasspool
1st June 2010
Class 375 No. 375615 was seen passing through Victoria-bound, forming the front part of an eight-vehicle
formation, by which time the footbridge had been repainted and the lampposts completely renewed.
31st May 2010
A special guest: Peppercorn ''A1'' Pacific No. 60163 ''Tornado'' passes through Sole Street, hauling just a single
BR Mk 1 support coach. The locomotive was heading to Hither Green Depot, via St Mary Cray and Chislehurst
Junctions. The engine had been declared a ''failure'' at Canterbury West, before hauling a return leg of a rail tour.
The latter had emanated from Newport, South Wales, and been diesel hauled to Willesden Junction, No. 60163
taking over there. During a layover at Canterbury, concerns about a boiler stay were brought to the fore,
and it was decided the best course of action would be to remove the locomotive from service. David Glasspool
Return to Index
Return to the Kent Rail Homepage or alternatively, check for Updates.
Website & Copyright information - Links - Contact the Webmaster
All content is copyright © David Glasspool